Let Property Cottage with surrounding greenery

Open the door to quality protection

Make a place, a home.
Whether you have a single property or portfolio of cottages, farmhouses, or barn conversions, opening the doors to your property can come with unexpected challenges.
We are here to work with you, listen to your needs, and offer tailored let property insurance that gives you the protection and peace of mind you need.

Our let property insurance provides:

  • Comprehensive cover for your residential or holiday let property and contents, including theft or accidental damage
  • £5 million Public Liability cover is included as standard for if you are found liable for injury to a tenant, guest or any other members of the public or damage to their property
  • Up to £100,000 Legal Expenses to cover a wide range of legal issues you may face as a landlord
  • The option to include £10 million Employers Liability insurance to protect you if you are found to be at fault for an injury suffered by an employee
  • The option to include loss of rental income, for example, if your let property cannot be rented out for a period of time due to an insured event such as a fire or flood

As a mutual organisation, we’re owned by our Members, not shareholders. So, when you speak with one of our advisors, you’re not dealing with a commission-driven salesperson. You’re talking to a local specialist always ready with hands-on advice, assistance and answers you need, whenever you call on them.  

We’d love to talk to you, so for further information or to arrange a quote on our farm insurance please give us or your local advisor a call. Want us to phone you? Simply click on the link and we will call you at a time that works best for you. We are always happy to help.  


Frequently asked questions

What makes you different from other insurers?

We live and work across the South West and are actively involved in the farming community.  Whether it’s local agricultural events, charities, young farmers or our boots on the ground, the Field Force team visiting our Members, we strive to gain a better understanding of our Members and potential sector challenges.

Working in your local area makes us easily accessible and better placed to provide an excellent service compared to other remote insurance companies.  Our Members are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to ensure they always know where they stand with us.

Do you underwrite your own policies?

Yes.  However, we also partner with third party organisations, including ARAG who provide our underwriting for breakdown and home emergency and Liberty for the Environmental Damage cover add on.

If I would like to talk to someone about what my policy covers, who do I contact?

Please call our Member Services team on 01872 277151.

What does 'sums insured' mean and is it different to how much my property is worth?

Sums insured is the maximum that an insurance company will pay out in the event of a claim. It should reflect the total value of rebuilding or replacing items in the home and not the purchase price of your property

Do you use external companies for fire and water damage claims?

Yes, we use experienced companies that specialise in fire and water damage.

For emergencies you can contact Richfords on 01209 722 522 http://www.richfords.com/ or Rainbow on 01623 422488 rainbowrestoration.co.uk who will assist you in pumping out flood waters or saving property which has suffered fire or smoke damage.

The cost of instructing either of the above companies without prior authorisation of Cornish Mutual would be down to the Member, but where appropriate insurance cover is in place, these costs would be included in the claim settlement.

We often engage the services of independent loss adjusters to assist you in ensuring that your claim is fully and fairly settled in accordance with the insurance cover you have in place.

How do I make a Legal Expense Claim?

Your Legal Expenses cover is provided by ARAG.  You can make a claim between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) by calling 01872 270159 or you can download a claim form at www.arag.co.uk/newclaims

Bucklawren Farm B&B in Cornwall Looe

Member Stories

Bucklawren Farm

Bucklawren is made up of a 450 acre arable and beef farm, bed and breakfast, holiday cottages and a caravan park. Find Out More

Latest News

13 Jun

Local students awarded Cornish Mutual Young Farmer Bursaries (1)

Six agricultural students in the South West have been awarded Cornish Mutual Young Farmer Bursaries, with one of them also winning the prestigious Cornish Mutual South West Agricultural Student of the Year award.
Read More

Upcoming Events