Close-up of Cottage In Field

Here to protect your home

Trusted insurance, right on your doorstep.
We understand that every home is different. Whether you have a farmhouse, stone cottage, new build or barn conversion, our home insurance policy provides the protection you need.
We are your local team of insurance experts that are on hand, whenever you call, to ensure your home has the right protection, giving you peace of mind.

Our home insurance provides:

  • A standard limit of £750,000, with the option to increase this amount, full rebuilding cost for damage to your home caused by a range of insured events, such as fire, flood and other insured risks
  • A standard limit of £75,000 for your home contents, with the option to increase this amount
  • Legal Expenses cover up to £50,000
  • Home emergency costs up to £1000
  • Accidental damage to both buildings and contents can be included
  • Optional personal possessions cover for items you take away with you for up to 60 days worldwide
  • The option to include small leisure boats and touring caravans

As a mutual organisation, we’re owned by our Members, not shareholders. So, when you speak with one of our advisors, you’re not dealing with a commission-driven salesperson. You’re talking to a local specialist always ready with hands-on advice, assistance and answers you need, whenever you call on them.  

We’d love to talk to you, so for further information or to arrange a quote on our farm insurance please give us or your local advisor a call. Want us to phone you? Simply click on the link and we will call you at a time that works best for you. We are always happy to help.  

Frequently asked questions

Do I have Home Emergency cover?

If your household insurance policy number starts with the prefix HM – you do, and you can contact ARAG for help 24/7 on 01872 272157. 

What makes you different from other insurers?

We live and work across the South West and are actively involved in the farming community.  Whether it’s local agricultural events, charities, young farmers or our boots on the ground, the Field Force team visiting our Members, we strive to gain a better understanding of our Members and potential sector challenges.

Working in your local area makes us easily accessible and better placed to provide an excellent service compared to other remote insurance companies.  Our Members are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to ensure they always know where they stand with us.

What is buildings and what is contents?

As a general rule, items that would remain with the property should you move home are considered buildings e.g. carpets and kitchens. Items that you would take with you are considered contents e.g. furniture.

What is a Member?

A Member is anyone who takes out an insurance policy through Cornish Mutual. Because we’re a mutual organisation, we call you a Member instead of a customer.

Do you offer a counselling helpline?

Your Legal Expenses cover is provided by ARAG and includes a free confidential Counselling Service, should you need help and advice. You can contact them on 01872 270154.  Please advise them that your policy is with ARAG.

I employ someone to help around the house/garden. Does my Home insurance Policy provide Employers' Liability cover?

Yes, if you have Home Contents Insurance.  In this case, the Occupiers and Personal Liability section of your home insurance Policy covers your legal liability as an employer of any domestic employee, subject to the terms and exclusions of the insurance policy.

How do I make a Legal Expense Claim?

Your Legal Expenses cover is provided by ARAG.  You can make a claim between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) by calling 01872 270159 or you can download a claim form at

Farming Member Clive Sage Standing Infront Of Flock of Sheep

Real Food Heroes

Wyld Meadow Farm

Clive Sage recalls returning to the family farm in West Dorset following a stint working abroad as an agricultural college graduate. Find Out More

Latest News

13 Jun

Local students awarded Cornish Mutual Young Farmer Bursaries (1)

Six agricultural students in the South West have been awarded Cornish Mutual Young Farmer Bursaries, with one of them also winning the prestigious Cornish Mutual South West Agricultural Student of the Year award.
Read More

Upcoming Events

Monday 8th July

Farm Walk with Joel Williams (Beef) – Blable Farm

10:00-12:30 | Blable Farm, St Issey, Wadebridge, Cornwall, PL27 7RF

Monday 8th July

Farm Walk with Joel Williams (Dairy) – Tregleath Farm

14:00-16:30 | Tregleath Farm, Washaway, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL30 3AD