Social Media Guidelines for Users
This is a guide for people who want to use social media to interact with Cornish Mutual. The guide explains how Cornish Mutual expects people to behave on social media and what kind of content is acceptable. We want people to be respectful, accurate, and relevant in their posts and we may remove posts that are offensive or violate someone's rights. Cornish Mutual will not be liable for any problems arising from using social media or for any incorrect information posted on social media. Before engaging with Cornish Mutual in any Social Media network or forum please read this policy. Any engagement by You with Cornish Mutual through Social Media means that you accept, and agree to follow these Guidelines.
We set out here how Members and prospective members (You) and Cornish Mutual (Our/We/Us) can engage on different social media platforms. When we talk about social media in this policy we mean online social networking sites including but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok etc, through which Cornish Mutual may provide content (posts, blogs, news stories, adverts).
Cornish Mutual aim to be honest, open and respectful in Our engagement on social media and ask that all people who wish to work and interact with us are respectful too.
Cornish Mutual are committed to:
- Offering an open and honest approach to all dealings with existing and prospective members.
- Providing clear and fair communications from all Our staff or suppliers who, when using social media on Our behalf, will state their name and who they are in all communications.
- Giving clear information on how if problems do occur We will resolve issues in advance of them happening.
- Developing a culture of listening and talking with Our Members.
- Demonstrating that Our aim is to offer an open and honest approach to Members by responding to problems in this manner.
Guidelines for You when engaging with Cornish Mutual
Cornish Mutual use Social Media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to engage with people on discussions around topics including insurance and the rural community. Whilst encouraging dialogue We will also post news and information relating to Us and any related companies or campaigns that we feel are relevant to our Members, fans and followers. This could include gauging opinion, posting Cornish Mutual news and activities or offering advice on issues relating to insurance like health and safety.
Cornish Mutual aim to promote positive behaviours when engaging on social media. We therefore expect all contributions to be:
- Accurate (where it states facts)
- Respectful of others views and opinions
- Fair and free from discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or age.
- Relevant to the topic under discussion
- Free from content causing distress or inconvenience to any person
- Posted from genuine social media accounts showing the identity of the account holder
- Devoid of Spam, links or inciteful material
- In English. Other languages will not be responded to and we may need to remove the post.
Cornish Mutual reserves the right to remove Contributions (any post on social media) which do not meet the above criteria or which are believed to be inappropriate.
Wherever possible We try to respond to online comments as soon as practicable during normal office hours.
If You are in any doubt as to the validity of information made available, please seek verification by contacting Us. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01872 277151.
Dealing with Problems
Occasionally a problem may occur. Cornish Mutual request that you share any issues or concerns directly with Us or via a medium where We can respond and seek to resolve the problem. Sometimes We need more information to be able to respond or resolve the issue so this may take a little more time. We appreciate your patience whilst we seek to gather all the information and review the situation. You can access more information about how to complain in Our Complaints Policy.
Whilst Cornish Mutual take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information posted online is accurate and up-to-date, it is nonetheless supplied on an "as is" basis and accordingly We do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions.
The material displayed on Social Media Sites is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, We, are therefore not liable for Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by You in connection with your engagement with Us through Social Media or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of Social Media, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
Last Reviewed: April 2023