Bodmin Nursery Flowers

Trusted and local business insurance

Growing and nurturing your garden centre is exciting but can create its own and unique challenges.
We have been protecting businesses across the South West for generations and have seen our Garden Centre and Nurseries membership bloom, strengthening our expertise and experience in your industry.
With many branches of your business to think about, your local insurance advisor is on hand to visit you, answer your questions and provide tailored insurance that is right for you and your business, giving you peace of mind.

Our commercial insurance provides:

  • A minimum of £5 million Public and Products Liability cover to protect all aspects of your business including the sale of food and drink from on-site cafes run by you
  • £10m Employers Liability to protect you if you are found to be at fault for an injury suffered by an employee
  • Property damage to cover buildings, machinery, general contents and stock in trade with various optional extensions available such as deterioration of refrigerated stock and goods in transit
  • Option to include £100,000 Legal Expenses insurance
  • Option to include business interruption to cover loss of gross profit following an insured event

As a mutual organisation, we’re owned by our Members, not shareholders. So, when you speak with one of our advisors, you’re not dealing with a commission-driven salesperson. You’re talking to a local specialist always ready with hands-on advice, assistance and answers you need, whenever you call on them.  

We’d love to talk to you, so for further information or to arrange a quote on our farm insurance please give us or your local advisor a call. Want us to phone you? Simply click on the link and we will call you at a time that works best for you. We are always happy to help.  

Frequently asked questions

What makes you different from other insurers?

We live and work across the South West and are actively involved in the farming community.  Whether it’s local agricultural events, charities, young farmers or our boots on the ground, the Field Force team visiting our Members, we strive to gain a better understanding of our Members and potential sector challenges.

Working in your local area makes us easily accessible and better placed to provide an excellent service compared to other remote insurance companies.  Our Members are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to ensure they always know where they stand with us.

Do you underwrite your own policies?

Yes.  However, we also partner with third party organisations, including ARAG who provide our underwriting for breakdown and home emergency and Liberty for the Environmental Damage cover add on.

Who should we contact in the event of a claim?

Our Member Services Team on 01872 277151.

What is so special about being a Mutual company?

We have no shareholders and are owned by our Members. So any money that would otherwise be spent on dividend payments to shareholders is retained in the business, helping us continually improve our services.

That’s why we really can put our Members first at all times. This means a better service for you, based on our principles of fairness, honesty and transparency.

How do I make a Legal Expense Claim?

Your Legal Expenses cover is provided by ARAG.  You can make a claim between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) by calling 01872 270159 or you can download a claim form at

Penny Nagle and Marcus Fergusson award winning cheesemakers Somerset Renegade Monk

Real Food Heroes

Feltham's Farm

When Penny Nagle and Marcus Fergusson moved from London to a 22-acre smallholding in Somerset, searching for a different way of life. Find Out More

Latest News

13 Jun

Local students awarded Cornish Mutual Young Farmer Bursaries (1)

Six agricultural students in the South West have been awarded Cornish Mutual Young Farmer Bursaries, with one of them also winning the prestigious Cornish Mutual South West Agricultural Student of the Year award.
Read More

Upcoming Events