Lydford Farm Shop Entrance
Protecting what’s important to you

Farm Shop Insurance

We are here for you, your business and community.
Your farm shop is the heart of your local community and we know how much you appreciate your customers and the conversations you have.
Just as you are with your customers, we are here for you whenever you need us, to safeguard your business and give advice with any challenges that you face.

Our farm shop insurance provides:

  • Cover for the sale of both your own produce and retail sales
  • A minimum of £5 million Public and Products Liability cover to protect you if the business is found to be at fault for an injury suffered to a member of the public or damage to their property
  • £10m Employers Liability to protect you if you are found to be at fault for an injury suffered by an employee
  • Cover for buildings, machinery and general contents, stock in trade and money
  • The option of including cover for the loss of gross profit if the business is interrupted following an insured event
  • The option to include cover for damage of goods in transit during collection or delivery
  • The option to include cover for the deterioration of refrigerated stock following the breakdown of freezer units

As a mutual organisation, we’re owned by our Members, not shareholders. So, when you speak with one of our advisors, you’re not dealing with a commission-driven salesperson. You’re talking to a local specialist always ready with hands-on advice, assistance and answers you need, whenever you call on them.  

We’d love to talk to you, so for further information or to arrange a quote on our farm insurance please give us or your local advisor a call. Want us to phone you? Simply click on the link and we will call you at a time that works best for you. We are always happy to help.  

Frequently asked questions

Are your Field Force salaried or paid by commission?

All of our staff across Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset, including the Field Force, are salaried. This means that their focus is on providing the best advice and an excellent service to you

Do you underwrite your own policies?

Yes.  However, we also partner with third party organisations, including ARAG who provide our underwriting for breakdown and home emergency and Liberty for the Environmental Damage cover add on.

Do you provide introductory discounts and offers?

We always offer our best price and don’t make introductory offers or discounts.  We provide a consistent pricing approach that our Members value.

If I insure with Cornish Mutual will you put up the premiums after I become a Member?

Cornish Mutual is committed to keeping premium rates as consistent as possible from year to year reflecting individual exposures and claims experience.

As a business owner do I need Employers’ Liability?

If you employ people under a contract of service or apprenticeship it is a legal requirement for most UK businesses to have employers liability insurance. This extends to include casual, temporary and volunteer workers in addition to full and part-time workers.

Who do I call for Legal and Tax advice?

You can call ARAG 24/7 on 01872 270174.

Latest News

13 Jun

Local students awarded Cornish Mutual Young Farmer Bursaries (1)

Six agricultural students in the South West have been awarded Cornish Mutual Young Farmer Bursaries, with one of them also winning the prestigious Cornish Mutual South West Agricultural Student of the Year award.
Read More

Upcoming Events

Wednesday 24th July

Terrafarmer Event

10am-2pm | Tresawson,Woodsaws Cross, Lanreath, PL13 2NT

Thursday 25th July

Launceston Show

9:00am | Kennards House, Launceston, PL15 7EZ