Close-up of a Red Tractor Driving In Field

Working to keep you moving

With tractors a fundamental part of so many farming operations, we know it's vital you are back on the job as soon as possible if something goes wrong. 
From tractors and trailers to combines and balers, our specialists can provide tailored insurance cover to meet your needs. 

Our comprehensive tractor insurance provides:

  • Up to 6 agricultural vehicles covered under one policy
  • £100,000 Legal Expenses insurance which will help you to reclaim uninsured costs after an accident which was not your fault
  • Cover includes your legal liability arising from an accident involving your vehicle
  • Protection for your own vehicle, trailers and implements against fire, theft and accidental damage
  • For vehicles under one year old when written off or stolen we will replace it with a new one
  • Unspecified trailers and implements up to the value of £50,000 covered automatically

As a mutual organisation, we’re owned by our Members, not shareholders. So, when you speak with one of our advisors, you’re not dealing with a commission-driven salesperson. You’re talking to a local specialist always ready with hands-on advice, assistance and answers you need, whenever you call on them.  

We’d love to talk to you, so for further information or to arrange a quote on our farm insurance please give us or your local advisor a call. Want us to phone you? Simply click on the link and we will call you at a time that works best for you. We are always happy to help.  

Frequently asked questions

What makes you different from other insurers?

We live and work across the South West and are actively involved in the farming community.  Whether it’s local agricultural events, charities, young farmers or our boots on the ground, the Field Force team visiting our Members, we strive to gain a better understanding of our Members and potential sector challenges.

Working in your local area makes us easily accessible and better placed to provide an excellent service compared to other remote insurance companies.  Our Members are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to ensure they always know where they stand with us.

I've been asked to use my tractor to tow a float at our local carnival. Am I covered under my Agricultural Vehicle Policy?

You need to discuss extending your insurance with us. Please call Member Services on 01872 277151 (local rate call). The standard Agricultural Vehicle Policy does not provide for activities outside of the business you advised us of when you took out the insurance.

Do you underwrite your own policies?

Yes.  However, we also partner with third party organisations, including ARAG who provide our underwriting for breakdown and home emergency and Liberty for the Environmental Damage cover add on.

Do I need third party cover in my own farm lane or yard?

The Road Traffic Act requires users of motor vehicles to have third party cover on a road or in a public place.  This can mean, in certain circumstances, that the requirement to insure extends to farm lanes and yards, footpaths, bridleways and cycle tracks, as well as many farm lanes and driveways on private land.  So it is recommended you have the relevant insurance cover.

How do I make a Legal Expense Claim?

Your Legal Expenses cover is provided by ARAG.  You can make a claim between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) by calling 01872 270159 or you can download a claim form at

Tratford Farm Cornwall Looe owner with Local Insurance Advisor

Member Stories

Tratford Farm

Andrew Julian and his wife Hannah are sheep, beef and dairy farmers based in Looe. Find Out More

Latest News

13 Jun

Local students awarded Cornish Mutual Young Farmer Bursaries (1)

Six agricultural students in the South West have been awarded Cornish Mutual Young Farmer Bursaries, with one of them also winning the prestigious Cornish Mutual South West Agricultural Student of the Year award.
Read More

Upcoming Events