Cars Travelling Down The A30

Driving your vehicle in Europe post Brexit

As we approach the end of the Brexit Transition Period, it remains uncertain as to what insurance documents will be required if a Member wishes to take their vehicle to Europe.

With this in mind, we would suggest that any member intending to take a vehicle to Europe contacts us 10 working days before travelling in order for us to issue an International Motor Insurance Card document (also known as a Green Card).

This includes members with Private Car policies where the reverse of your certificate currently states that it takes the place of a Green Card, as this may no longer be acceptable.

Should you require a Green Card, please contact our Member Services team: 

We strongly recommend that, before leaving the UK, you investigate what other documents you may need to ensure that you are fully compliant with European requirements. Further information is available here