CMA House, Truro
Up to £40,000
19/04/2023 09:00:00 AM
We have an exciting opportunity to join our in-house IT team as a Software Developer.
We’re looking to expand our developer team to increase our delivery cadence. We operate in an Agile environment, and utilise CI/CD to deliver tested solutions, implementing new services and enhancing existing applications to provide a high standard of service for our Members.
We're really passionate about finding the right type of person for the job, and training will be provided to supplement the skills you already possess.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in identification of business issues, seeking appropriate solutions
- Creating and maintaining software solutions and systems to meet business requirements using the most appropriate technologies
- Keeping up-to-date with industry standards and developments
- Ensuring relevant data is available in line with business requirements
- Pro-actively building relationships across the IT Team
- Managing and developing relationships with suppliers and external parties
- Developing own skills and knowledge to support the wider team and business
Working closely with our Change and Data teams, you will help to provide solutions to business requirements, using appropriate technologies, software and systems to help deliver our Business Strategy objectives.
As part of a multi-functional IT team, you will be working with first line support, infrastructure specialists and application support to identify and resolve business issues in a DevOps environment.
You will have excellent attention to detail and be able to effectively communicate with colleagues.
You must be willing to learn and able to put yourself in the shoes of the people who use the software.
Recent graduates and apprenticeships will be considered for this role, and we would also welcome applications from those with wider experience who have an interest.
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Private medical insurance, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Income protection
- Up to 25% discount on Cornish Mutual insurance products
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
- Relaxed dress code and lovely riverside office location, close to Truro city centre
WHY WORK AT CORNISH MUTUAL?
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.