Marketing & Events Co-ordinator
CMA House, Truro
From £23,000 depending on skills and experience
05/05/2023 09:00:00 AM
We are looking for a versatile, enthusiastic and committed individual who has excellent verbal and written communication skills to join our marketing team. Experience within a similar role is beneficial but not essential. You’ll be self-motivated, have a real eye for detail and be keen to learn and develop your marketing career.
This is a Monday – Friday position with the occasional weekend to assist with annual events. No previous experience of insurance is required as a full induction will be provided. We support all of our people with ongoing training and development opportunities.
Working as part of a high-performing team who take pride in delivering great work, your key duties will include:
- Planning, organisation and delivery of events
- Assisting in the development, production, communication and implementation of engaging campaigns to support our internal and external strategy
- Copywriting, editing and proofing for marketing and social content
- Budget management, negotiation and invoice management
- Post-event data analysis and reporting
- Creating detailed briefing notes for events
- Helping to drive online traffic and digital engagement
- Creating briefs for graphics
- Assisting in market research and TCF surveys, in line with GDPR regulations
- Working closely with internal teams and external partners
- Acting as a brand advocate, internally and externally
- Delivering performance in line with our behaviours and values
- Enthusiastic with a love of events
- Exceptional organisational skills with proven ability to plan and deliver events with ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work to deadlines, including under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and as part of a team whilst building strong relationships with internal teams and external contacts and suppliers
- Highly IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office Programs
- An interest in rural and agricultural issues would be advantageous but is not necessary
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Private medical insurance, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Income protection
- Up to 25% discount on Cornish Mutual insurance products
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
- Relaxed dress code and lovely riverside office location, close to Truro city centre
WHY WORK AT CORNISH MUTUAL?
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.
We take our data privacy responsibilities seriously. Full details of how we’ll handle and store your information can be found in our Candidate Privacy Notice or in print on request.