Loss Prevention Advisor
Up to £45,000 depending on skills and experience
01/12/2023 09:00:00 AM
Cornish Mutual is extending the protection we offer our Membership. We are adding Loss Prevention services to our existing insurance expertise, which will help our Members build resilience and help to future proof their farms and rural businesses.
The Loss Prevention Advisor is a broad role allowing the successful applicant to engage with numerous areas of Cornish Mutual. From working with new and existing Members to clarify and develop their Health and Safety documentation and improvement plans with ongoing support to identifying, where appropriate, coaching opportunities to deliver training to colleagues in relation to risk management – no two days will be the same.
Reporting to our Loss Prevention Leader to deliver our key strategic objective of Protecting the Farming Community, you will be passionate about understanding the issues which impact farming and rural communities. You will be able to build rapport with those working and living within the farming sector, showing understanding of and empathy with issues affecting farmers and anyone working within the rural community.
- A thorough understanding of all Health and Safety regulation impacting the UK agricultural sector
- An understanding of Fire Safety requirements within the agricultural sector to include common diversification
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable sales and negotiation skills, balanced with a Member-centric approach
- Demonstrable organisation and planning skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media and internal systems
- Experience in organisational Health and Safety practices
- NEBOSH with willingness to study towards Diploma, or equivalent qualification as well as Cert. CII or equivalent
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management or willingness to study towards it
The role of Loss Prevention Advisor is a Member-facing role and will involve:
- Reviewing Health and Safety and Fire Safety requirements of existing Cornish Mutual Members, making appropriate recommendations and offering ongoing support and reviews
- Identifying and securing new business within the rural sector, supporting our profitable and sustainable growth objective
- Ensuring there is a high level of retention in relation to the Health and Safety and Fire Safety services
- Providing practical, pragmatic advice to the Cornish Mutual Membership
- Assisting in the continual development and improvement of the Health and Safety and Fire Safety services
You will contribute to identifying, developing and delivering the services which will help our Membership build resilient businesses in the face of changing demands and constraints. It is envisaged these services will be delivered through multiple channels to include face-to-face contact alongside IT applications. You will identify and work with appropriate internal and external partners to develop and provide accessible, practical solutions to the challenges faced by our Members.
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Private medical insurance, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Income protection
- Up to 25% discount on Cornish Mutual insurance products
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
WHY WORK AT CORNISH MUTUAL?
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.
We take our data privacy responsibilities seriously. Full details of how we’ll handle and store your information can be found in our Candidate Privacy Notice or in print on request.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in light of a large response.