Junior Systems Developer
CMA House, Truro
£18,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
08/08/2021 05:00:00 PM
We are looking for someone with excellent problem solving, numeracy, organisational and communication skills to help us deliver IT solutions to support our strategic objectives. A friendly and positive attitude, together with the ability to prioritise tasks and work well as part of a team are essential for this role. Recent graduates and part time hours will be considered for this role.
You will have a passion for IT and software development and be able to demonstrate this with either professional qualifications or equivalent experience gained through self-development. We expect you to commit to further developing your skills and knowledge and will support you to do so.
Working as part of a high-performing team who take pride in delivering great work, you'll be responsible for:
- Working closely with colleagues to understand and document requirements
- Designing and building web applications and background services
- Learning new skills through on the job training, online courses and other means
- Investigating, diagnosing and resolving issues logged via our Service Desk
The team practise Agile software development to design and build secure, responsive web applications. Knowledge or skills in Agile software development, C#, .NET Core, jQuery, Bootstrap, SQL, RESTful APIs, Machine Learning (AI), PHP, GIT and Azure DevOps are advantageous.
- Experience of one or more of the above programming languages/systems
- An understanding of development methodologies and frameworks
- Experience of working in a Dev team or relevant qualifications/certifications
You will be expected to work flexibly over a 35 hour week within the hours of 8am – 8pm.
This position includes a defined contribution to the pension scheme and access to the company’s private medical insurance scheme (after a qualifying period).
If you’re looking for a new challenge, recognise yourself in the description above and would like to join us, click apply now and complete the application form.
If we can support or assist you in any way to take part in our recruitment processes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.