Junior Database Administrator
CMA House, Truro
Up to £25,000 depending on experience
08/08/2022 05:00:00 PM
Cornish Mutual are not your typical Insurance company. As a highly regarded employer in the Southwest, our positive and caring culture is at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud of it. This culture is reflected in our employees, Members, and partners alike.
We are looking to expand our friendly IT team to help deliver our forward-thinking Business Strategy, and to make a real difference to our members’ lives, businesses, and their communities.
We have been set the challenge of delivering a raft of exciting new IT projects to drive our mission forward, and we are looking for a proactive and positive thinking Junior Database Administrator to enhance an already dynamic Agile team. If you have a positive attitude and a drive for leaning and personal development, then please get in touch.
The ideal candidate will have some working knowledge of designing, building or maintaining database systems such as SQL and associated functions. This role would suit a post-graduate in any area of Data, including Data science, Business Analysis, Reporting/MI services or Database development.
Working as part of a high-performing team who take pride in delivering great work, you will:
- Deliver reporting and MI requests, and assist staff in interpreting and analysing data
- Help to implement our Data strategy, architecture and data systems
- Work closely with IT support on Data related issues and fixes
- Help to enforce our Data standards and assist in refining and driving process
- Work closely with our Development team on multiple projects, to create responsive and performant Data for our application delivery
- Help to build self-service reporting services to empower staff
- Be self-motivated and have a drive for project delivery and self-progression
- An understanding of industry standard technologies, platforms and practices
- An interest in Data Development languages such as Python would be advantageous
- Experience of building, managing or maintaining efficient SQL Databases, Database services or Data analysis
We offer flexible and hybrid working pattern over a 35 hour week, at a fun and welcoming company, situated on the beautiful river banks of Truro.
This position includes a defined contribution to the pension scheme and access to the company’s private medical insurance scheme (after a qualifying period).
If you’re looking for a new challenge, recognise yourself in the description above and would like to join us, click apply now and complete the application form.
If we can support or assist you in any way to take part in our recruitment processes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.