IT Test & Automation Analyst
CMA House, Truro
Up to £25,000
14/04/2023 04:00:00 PM
We have an exciting opportunity to join our in-house IT team as a Test & Automation Analyst.
Never worked in insurance or as a Test Analyst before? Don't worry, we're really passionate about finding the right type of person for the job. Full training will be provided.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding requirements and helping define acceptance criteria
- Contributing to the design and implementation of an automated testing framework
- Learning new skills through colleague training, online courses, self-development and other means as part of a personal development plan
- Promoting quality through attention to detail, analytical thought and critical analysis
- Preparing accurate test reports and providing direct feedback to developers
- Contributing to improving quality at all stages of the software development lifecycle
The role predominantly involves unit, integration and functional tests of our systems and software, and you will be further developing our existing testing tools such as Selenium to build and maintain a library of structured tests.
You will have the ability to independently undertake a range of testing activities to ensure quality and accuracy across a varied selection of projects.
You will be automating testing as part of our CI/CD implementation, working closely with developers and operations to ensure changes and improvements are delivered effectively.
We are looking for someone who will take pride in the quality of software delivered by the team, has excellent attention to detail and is able to effectively communicate with colleagues in our dynamic Agile team.
You must be willing to learn and able to put yourself into the shoes of the people who will be using the software. Recent graduates and those studying relevant subjects will be considered for this role, and we would also welcome applications from those with wider experience who have an interest.
Current technology in use at Cornish Mutual includes;
- PHP and .Net
- Microsoft SQL
- Selenium, XUnit
- Component Atomic design
Some of the other areas we’re engaged in include AI and Machine learning, Data Warehousing, Service Orchestration, GeoSpatial mapping and Jasmin Testing.
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Private medical insurance, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Income protection
- Up to 25% discount on Cornish Mutual insurance products
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
- Relaxed dress code and lovely riverside office location, close to Truro city centre
WHY WORK AT CORNISH MUTUAL?
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.