IT Application Support Analyst
CMA House, Truro
Up to £25,000
19/04/2023 09:00:00 AM
We have an exciting opportunity to join our in-house IT team as an Application Support Analyst.
This is a fantastic role for someone looking for their next challenge - you’ll be kept on your toes implementing changes to a variety of applications and systems, dealing with issues as they arise and helping to provide outstanding service for our Members.
Never worked in insurance or as an Application Support Analyst before? We're passionate about finding the right type of person for the job, and training will be provided.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting both in-house and third party applications and software
- Using builders and tools to further develop systems to meet business requirements
- Identifying and implementing changes to existing processes as required
- Documenting solutions and changes
- Working closely with the IT team and the wider business, e.g. taking part in daily stand ups
- Maintaining attention to detail, analytical thought and critical analysis to find and resolve potential issues
- Developing own skills and knowledge to support the wider team and business
Technology in use includes Microsoft SQL, PHP and C#, and comprehensive training in our systems will be provided. There will also be opportunity to skill up in areas you don’t yet have experience in, and to get involved in a wide variety of projects.
Supported by a multi-functional IT team, you will be working with first line support, infrastructure specialists and developers. You will have excellent attention to detail and be able to effectively communicate with colleagues. Working in a dynamic Agile environment, you will contribute to developing solutions to meet business strategy objectives, liaising with Data and Change teams to deliver improvements and resolve issues.
You must be willing to learn and able to put yourself in the shoes of the people who use the software to help troubleshoot and identify improvements.
Recent graduates and apprenticeships will be considered for this role, and we would also welcome applications from those with wider experience who have an interest.
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Private medical insurance, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Income protection
- Up to 25% discount on Cornish Mutual insurance products
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
- Relaxed dress code and lovely riverside office location, close to Truro city centre
WHY WORK AT CORNISH MUTUAL?
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.