Infrastructure Solutions Specialist
CMA House, Truro
From £29,500 depending on skills and experience
19/08/2022 05:00:00 PM
At Cornish Mutual, our positive, friendly culture is at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud of it. This culture is reflected in our employees, Members, and partners alike. We are looking to expand our IT team of 12, to help deliver our forward-thinking Business Strategy, and to make a real difference to our Members’ lives, businesses, and their communities.
We have an exciting range of innovative projects and objectives, along with a wide variety of technology to get your hands on. You could be specifying a multi-channel Contact Centre solution, provisioning Azure to provide resilient services, collaborating on a drone 3D image rendering solution or configuring CRM and workflow with a new Claims module.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Infrastructure Solutions Specialist to join the IT Support team in a new role, working closely with both IT Development and Support. You’ll be taking the lead in several technical areas to drive innovation and integrate new services to provide a seamless and reliable experience for colleagues and Members. You’ll develop and exploit new opportunities within our suite of applications. The areas in which you’ll work will depend on your current skillset. We will fully support you with opportunities to develop and gain new skills.
If you are keen to make a difference and have a track record of taking ownership and delivering success, then get in touch to find out more.
The skill areas you will likely have will include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate well, both written and verbal skills.
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and help resolve problems in IT systems, processes, and services.
- Experience of working with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs and solutions.
- Thorough understanding of designing, implementing, and supporting IT infrastructure using industry best practice.
- Good knowledge of maintaining the security, confidentiality, and integrity of information systems through compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and policies.
- Experience with scripting and coding to enable operational automation and improvements.
- Improve and enhance IT processes, systems and architecture for the benefit of our Members and colleagues.
- Take ownership of tasks from start to finish and drive solutions forward to meet our objectives.
- Help team members develop and improve new and existing skills in line with Cornish Mutual’s values.
- Engage with the wider business to identify, design and ultimately solve business problems through technology.
- Participate in cross-team discussions and workshops to develop new, and improve existing, solutions.
- Contribute to regular IT Infrastructure roadmap planning.
Here is some of the technology currently in use:
- Microsoft Server 2019, 2016 and 2012R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Azure Cloud platform, Microsoft 365
- Ubuntu Linux (18.04, 20.04)
- Microsoft SQL 2016
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Dell and HP Servers and SANs
- PHP, C#, Powershell, SQL
- Microsoft Graph
We have a number of in-job benefits that all Cornish Mutual employees can make use of following a qualifying period, including:
- 35 hour working week with flexible and remote options
- Employee benefit discount scheme
- Discounted personal insurance
- Professional Development Plan
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Holiday purchase and sale scheme
- Competitive pension
- Medical insurance
- Death in service provision
- Income protection
- Casual dress code
You will be expected to work flexibly over a 35 hour week within the hours of 8am – 8pm.
This position includes a defined contribution to the pension scheme and access to the company’s private medical insurance scheme (after a qualifying period).
If you’re looking for a new challenge, recognise yourself in the description above and would like to join us, click apply now and complete the application form.
If we can support or assist you in any way to take part in our recruitment processes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.