HR & Operations Co-ordinator
CMA House, Truro
From £23,000 depending on skills and experience
19/04/2023 09:00:00 AM
We are looking for an enthusiastic Human Resources (HR) Co-ordinator to undertake a variety of HR and operational administrative duties. Reporting to the HR Leader, and working in a small, friendly team, you will facilitate daily HR functions including keeping track of employees' records and supporting business resource planning.
You will play a key part in facilitating and learning/development processes, promoting our values and championing inclusivity. Your role will also involve an element of creativity; you will be planning and delivering a programme of engagement activities across the organisation to keep our employees motivated and happy.
This is a busy and varied role. The ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively, bringing a broad knowledge of HR practices as well as general administrative experience. You will be IT literate, efficient, have good attention to detail and be able to communicate well verbally and in writing with people at all levels. You will be required to work autonomously to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations, ensuring optimal outcomes for individuals and our business.
A CIPD qualification is desirable but not essential as support will be given towards study in this area.
We are looking for someone to:
- Maintain full, accurate employee records and handle day-to-day HR queries and correspondence
- Support development of employee engagement plans, events and activities in line with the needs of the organisation and outcomes of staff surveys
- Promote and support diversity and inclusion agendas across the business
- Support our learning culture - working with the Learning & Development Co-ordinator to promote CPD, development and succession planning
- Lead on delivering an employee volunteering programme and demonstrate commitment to CSR
- Support and facilitate our recruitment process, demonstrating thorough understanding of legal obligations, including the Equality Act 2010
- Support employees and line managers, advising on policy and process
- CIPD Level 3 qualification in HR Management, or equivalent
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Ability to understand key employment legislation, interpret policies and apply processes
- An organised, efficient approach
- IT literacy, including knowledge and application of Word, Power Point and Excel with the ability to interpret and present data
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships at all levels
- Understanding of business strategy, objectives and priorities
- The ability to generate and implement creative interventions, to maximise employee engagement
- Understanding of GDPR and the associated responsibilities of HR to maintain confidentiality
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Private medical insurance, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Income protection
- Up to 25% discount on Cornish Mutual insurance products
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
- Relaxed dress code and lovely riverside office location, close to Truro city centre
WHY WORK AT CORNISH MUTUAL?
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.