Field Insurance Leader (Cornwall/Devon)
Starting salary in the region of £33,000
14/03/2023 09:00:00 AM
We are looking for a highly self-motivated person who can successfully lead a team and promote our business and products. You will be a natural and confident negotiator, driven by results and by making a difference to our customers. Insurance knowledge is not required as full training will be given.
As Field Insurance Leader, you will be adept at providing day-to-day leadership, driving high performance and supporting the wellbeing of a combined field- and office-based team. Assisting our Business Development Leaders in the implementation of our ambitious growth plans, you will be a positive force for good, always seeking to improve our offer and service to customers.
This role will be based in Cornwall/Devon, requiring travel across the region (for which, you will be offered either a company car or car allowance). Some weekend work may be necessary occasionally, for example to attend agricultural shows or rural markets.
As a key part of our leadership team, you will enjoy rising to the challenge and have a real appreciation for the rural community – with the following abilities and attributes:
- The ability to inspire a team to achieve excellence in service and sales
- An instinct for ‘doing the right thing’ by our customers
- A commitment to your own development and that of the company
- A proven track record in face-to-face sales, telesales and lead generation
- Confident and effective communication and decision-making skills
- A talent for building rapport and interpreting customers’ needs
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Private medical insurance and income protection cover, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Up to 25% discount on selected Cornish Mutual insurance products, after a qualifying period
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
Why work at Cornish Mutual:
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.
If we can support or assist you in any way to take part in our recruitment processes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Please note that previous applicants need not apply.