Field Insurance Advisor
North/East Somerset or Eastern Dorset
Up to £37,500 depending on skills and experience
19/07/2023 09:00:00 AM
We are looking for a highly self-motivated person who can promote our business and our products face-to-face and via the telephone.
Note: You will need to be based in Somerset or Dorset - ideally located in Frome, Shepton Mallet, Wincanton or Blandford areas. Please contact us to discuss the location if you would like to apply.
Are you great with new people and introductions? Do you know how to interact with people from all walks of life? Would you love the challenge of managing and growing a membership base around your home area?
The successful applicant will be a natural, confident negotiator, driven by results and experienced in and able to demonstrate these skills and attributes:
- An aptitude and experience of telesales and lead generation
- A proactive sales-driven approach - you will actively enjoy creating and pursuing business opportunities
- Confident communication and decision making
- A passion for developing yourself and our business
- A proactive, self-starting approach – you will be motivated to succeed and keen to deliver
- Great rapport-building skills
- Enjoying rising to the challenge of building complex solutions every day
- Good IT skills including the use of CRM & Microsoft Office
- Delivering exceptional service to our Members
- Insurance and/or agricultural knowledge would be advantageous, though full training will be given (and professional study expected)
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Company car or generous car allowance
- Mobile phone, company laptop and assistance with home office set-up provided
- Private medical insurance, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Income protection
- Up to 25% discount on Cornish Mutual insurance products
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
WHY WORK AT CORNISH MUTUAL?
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.
We take our data privacy responsibilities seriously. Full details of how we’ll handle and store your information can be found in our Candidate Privacy Notice or in print on request.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in light of a large response.