CMA House, Truro
Up to £45,000 depending on experience
08/08/2022 05:00:00 PM
Cornish Mutual are not your typical Insurance company. As a highly regarded employer in the Southwest, our positive and caring culture is at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud of it. This culture is reflected in our employees, Members, and partners alike.
We are looking to expand our friendly IT team to help deliver our forward-thinking Business Strategy, and to make a real difference to our members’ lives, businesses, and their communities.
We have been set the challenge of delivering a raft of exciting new IT projects to drive our mission forward, and we are looking for a proactive and positive thinking Database Administrator to enhance an already dynamic Agile team. If you have a positive attitude and a track record of taking ownership and delivering success, then keep reading and get in touch to find out more.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge and recent experience of designing, building and maintaining secure database systems such as Data Warehousing, alongside other SQL related functions such as SSIS, SSRS and Service Broker.
Working as part of a high-performing team who take pride in delivering great work, you will:
- Help to orchestrate and drive our projects in-order to meet our objectives
- Define and shape our Data strategy, architecture and data systems
- Champion our Data standards and assist in refining and driving process
- Input into the IT roadmap planning, aligning with our Business Strategy
- Work closely with our Development team on multiple projects, to create responsive and performant Data for our applications
- Mentor team members and initiate coaching, learning and development opportunities
- Help to drive self-service reporting services to enable Data analysis and MI functions
- Interpretation and execution of business objectives and IT roadmap
- Thorough understanding of industry standard technologies, platforms and practices
- Experience participating in an Agile development processes
- Data Development languages such as Python are advantageous
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of building, managing and maintaining efficient SQL Databases and Database services
We offer flexible and hybrid working pattern over a 35 hour week, as a fun and welcoming company, situated on the beautiful river banks of Truro.
This position includes a defined contribution to the pension scheme and access to the company’s private medical insurance scheme (after a qualifying period).
If you’re looking for a new challenge, recognise yourself in the description above and would like to join us, click apply now and complete the application form.
If we can support or assist you in any way to take part in our recruitment processes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.