Customer Service Advisor
Truro and Cullompton
10/11/2023 05:00:00 PM
We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering excellent customer service, who has the ability to prioritise tasks and who works well as part of a team. This role can offer exciting routes for progression for the right individual.
We have roles available in both our Truro and Cullompton offices.
As a Customer Service Advisor, it will be your role to support our Insurance Advisors and to provide a high level of service to our Members and potential customers. We pride ourselves on excellent customer care and providing informative, considered responses.
As part of our small and friendly team, you will be supported throughout your career and be actively encouraged to develop your skills and expertise. We will provide you with a comprehensive induction and an ongoing personal development plan, including the option to do an industry recognised qualification. We will also help you grow and prepare for future opportunities within the company.
Working as part of a high-performing team who take pride in delivering great work, you'll be responsible for:
- Providing a high-quality service to all customers by telephone, email, and webchat.
- Supporting Insurance Advisors by maintaining customer relationships and administrative support.
- Processing payments, policy amendments and updating core operating systems.
- Great customer retention and rapport-building skills
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to multitask.
- Work well as part of a team to support our service proposition
- Adaptable and able to rise to new challenges
- Ambitious and willing to study for professional qualifications, to help you progress your career
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Private medical insurance and income protection cover, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Up to 25% discount on selected Cornish Mutual insurance products, after a qualifying period
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
Why work at Cornish Mutual:
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.
We take our data privacy responsibilities seriously. Full details of how we’ll handle and store your information can be found in our Candidate Privacy Notice or in print on request.