From £22,000 depending on skills and experience
08/12/2023 05:00:00 PM
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Claims Advisor to join our small and friendly team in Truro.
As a Claims Advisor, you will be the first point of contact for our Members at times when they need our help and support most. Level-headed, calm and caring, you will be able to combine the delivery of outstanding customer service with expert knowledge to help our Members get back on their feet. You will work with Claims Technicians, Members and Third Parties, handling a variety of claims across different policy types.
Our Claims Advisors play a vital role in supporting our Members through the claims process. Your attention to detail, strong organisational skills and ability to work collaboratively will contribute to efficient claim handling and excellent customer service. It’s a rewarding job, knowing that you’ve done everything you can to help a Member through what can be a very difficult time.
We want our team to feel confident in their roles, and to achieve their full potential. We will provide you with a full induction followed by a comprehensive personal development plan, tailored around your own individual aspirations.
- Relevant insurance certifications or experience in insurance claims work is advantageous.
- Minimum experience of 12 months within the insurance industry i.e. underwriting, broking, claims, damage management etc.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team managing priorities and deadlines.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to adapt to changing workflows and embrace new technologies.
- Assisting with the intake and recording of new insurance claims, ensuring accurate and complete information is gathered from Members.
- Reviewing and assessing the claim documentation to determine coverage and validation.
- Entering claim data into the company’s claims management system, maintaining accuracy and consistency.
- Collaborating with loss adjusters and other suppliers to collect additional information as necessary for evaluation.
- Communicating with Members and other stakeholders to provide updates on the claim progress, answer queries and request documentation.
- Processing claims adhering to company guidelines, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information in accordance with company policy and data privacy regulations.
- Keeping up to date on industry regulations, guidelines and best practices relating to insurance claims handling, and providing suggestions for process improvement.
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Private medical insurance, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Income protection
- Up to 25% discount on Cornish Mutual insurance products
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
- Lovely riverside office location, close to Truro city centre
WHY WORK AT CORNISH MUTUAL?
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.
We take our data privacy responsibilities seriously. Full details of how we’ll handle and store your information can be found in our Candidate Privacy Notice or in print on request.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in light of a large response.