Business Intelligence & Reporting Analyst
From £40,000 depending on skills and experience
29/09/2023 09:00:00 AM
We are looking for someone to collate and analyse business data, providing information to support business leaders in decision-making processes.
As Business Intelligence & Reporting Analyst, you will generate meaningful management information, ensuring optimal numerical analysis to aid decision-making across all functions of the business.
With a thorough understanding of our KPIs, you will implement an outcome-based approach to measure success.
- A degree or equivalent qualification with a mathematical, statistical or scientific bias - or significant experience within the field
- A creative, proactive approach with the ability to work as part of a team to deliver challenging project objectives
- The ability to abstract and analyse data, produce business insights and generate technical reports
- Reporting and dashboard creation capability
- Ability to collate, interpret and present information, challenge assumptions and make logical recommendations
- High competence in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to identify and deploy other relevant tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information clearly to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills
- A thorough understanding of reporting and planning mechanisms
- A thorough understanding of company data and information systems
- The ongoing analysis of claims and premiums for all business classes
- The development and enhancement of information systems to meet business requirements
- Liaising with reinsurance partners and third-party suppliers as appropriate
- The development of actuarial best practice for general insurance usage
- Having involvement in the pricing analysis process within Cornish Mutual
- Undertaking and maintaining numerical competitive analysis of the Cornish Mutual marketplace
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Mobile phone and company laptop
- Private medical insurance, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Income protection
- Up to 25% discount on Cornish Mutual insurance products
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
- Relaxed dress code and lovely riverside office location, close to Truro city centre
WHY WORK AT CORNISH MUTUAL?
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.
We take our data privacy responsibilities seriously. Full details of how we’ll handle and store your information can be found in our Candidate Privacy Notice or in print on request.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in light of a large response.