Business Intelligence Analyst
CMA House, Truro
£38,000 to £42,000 depending on skills and experience
13/04/2022 05:00:00 PM
Cornish Mutual’s core purpose is to protect the farming community. We really care about the Members we insure. We want to give them the best possible service, driving optimal business performance through the insights gained by the processing and analysis of our insurance data.
We are at an exciting stage in our data journey, which is core to our strategy. With a recently developed data warehouse and a growing data engineering capacity, you would be joining us at a time where you can really help shape our future data journey. You would be working closely with our data engineering function, and our Finance function, to determine the tools and processes used to enhance our capabilities as a technical but ultimately relationship-driven organisation.
You will keep up to date with industry standards and developments, delivering accurate management information and business intelligence information, working to reporting deadlines internally and externally. You will contribute to the data modelling for core functions, assisting in developing and maintaining robust and validated data sets, building on our existing reporting capacity.
This will include:
- Exploring data to tell us where we can help our Members
- Building dashboards to enhance business insights
- Bringing new toolkits into the business to build our data reporting capabilities
- Liaising with our Data Engineering team to develop data pipelines
- Involvement in data modelling in relation to claims and pricing
The skill areas you will likely have will include:
- The ability to build exciting and informative automated data visualizations and reports
- A diverse toolkit to help you perform your role. This could include Python, Power BI, or other technologies if required
- An inquiring and questioning mind with a solution-driven focus
- Ability to build strong relationships across the business to identify issues and create solutions with non-technical colleagues
- Demonstrable mathematical capability
- Experience in the Microsoft SQL Server environment and associated tools would be advantageous (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Be comfortable querying the Database and Data Warehouse using SQL to build data sets
- Machine Learning experience either gained in industry or though academia.
For this role you will be able to demonstrate experience of leading the design and implementation of data-driven projects alongside hands-on technical capability. You will likely have dealt with multiple data types and feel confident in taking a project from ideation, through analysis, to delivery unsupervised. You will have a good knowledge of a wide range of techniques and tools and be able to communicate insights to a wide audience.
We are keen to hear from candidates who may not feel they currently meet all criteria but wish to discuss future opportunities with us. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
You will be expected to work flexibly over a 35 hour week within the hours of 8am – 8pm.
This position includes a defined contribution to the pension scheme and access to the company’s private medical insurance scheme (after a qualifying period).
If you’re looking for a new challenge, recognise yourself in the description above and would like to join us, click apply now and complete the application form.
If we can support or assist you in any way to take part in our recruitment processes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.