Home Insurance


Take a fresh approach to your home insurance

At Cornish Mutual, we offer home insurance to people living in the rural communities of Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset. Discover home insurance that is clear, straightforward and designed with you in mind and say hello to a company that is easy to deal with, whether you are making an initial enquiry or an insurance claim.


Helpful features of our home and contents insurance

  • A standard excess of only £50
  • A prompt response to any claims
  • Standard limits for buildings and contents cover, so you don’t have to worry about calculating accurate rebuilding or replacement costs
  • Home emergency and legal expenses cover is included as standard
  • You get up to 60 days worldwide cover for possessions you take with you
  • You will still be insured if your house is unoccupied for up to 60 days
  • We know that family and religious celebrations are a time when the value of your home contents may increase, so we automatically enhance your contents insurance cover by 20% at these times
  • The option to insure small leisure boats and touring caravans through your home insurance
  • The option of full accidental damage cover to protect your buildings and/or contents

Family enjoying the countryside Great cover from Cornish Mutual Home Insurance

Our home insurance covers the cost of rebuilding your home if it is damaged by fire, flood and more, covering full rebuilding costs up to the standard limit of £500,000.  Cornish Mutual house insurance also covers you for a wide number of everyday risks you might not have considered, like accidental damage to sanitary fittings, glass and any underground services.

Contents insurance designed with you in mind

Our home insurance covers the contents of your home as standard for £60,000.  This comprehensive contents insurance gives cover for the kind of things that happen all too often, although you may never think of them until they do!  For example, we will replace your locks if your house keys are stolen – an extra touch that our customers appreciate. Our contents insurance also covers damage caused by oil or water in the event of a burst pipe and covers the value of any food that is damaged, if your home freezer goes on the blink. We have a standard limit of £5,000 for a single valuable item like an engagement ring, but we can of course tailor your contents insurance to make sure you have exactly the cover you need.

Home insurance that covers your valuable extras

Cornish Mutual home insurance includes cover for any fixed solar panels, wind turbines and fixed hot tubs you may have at your home. What’s more, office equipment such as laptops and computers are also covered for up to £10,000. So sit back in your hot tub and relax!

Home insurance that is there for you in an emergency

In the event of a home emergency our home insurance includes an emergency helpline, so if your heating system breaks down, the electricity fails or something else goes horribly wrong, we can provide you with immediate advice or even arrange for up to two hours work from a contractor.

Rural home insurance

At Cornish Mutual, we specialise in rural home insurance for people living in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset. We are the only rural home insurance company to be based in the South West and we have an unrivalled understanding of the risks affecting rural home owners in this beautiful corner of England. Call us to find out how we can provide the ideal rural home insurance for you.

So whether you are looking for home insurance, buildings insurance or contents insurance, we can help. Call us today or use our home insurance estimator to get an idea of what your home insurance would cost with us.