Insurance South West farmers have trusted for over a hundred years
We specialise in Farm insurance for farms in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset.
In fact we were originally set up by farmers who, in 1903, were looking for a better way to provide insurance. For over a hundred years, Cornish Mutual has been the insurer of choice for thousands of farmers and smallholders across the South West. Our experience of Farm insurance in the region is unrivalled and we really do understand the challenges you face. We know you want outstanding personal service and we go the extra mile to make sure you know where you stand, as well as deal with any claims you may have in a fair and timely manner.
What makes our Farm insurance stand out?
- You have access to Farm insurance experts from our Field Force, who will come out and see you at your farm as well as be on hand to provide personalised advice. Our Field Force have in-depth understanding of farming and farmers insurance needs, as they all live and work in the South West rural community
- We respond promptly to any farming insurance claims or enquiries
- Your Farm insurance will be tailored to cover your own specific needs and reviewed regularly to check it is still just right for you
- You receive clear and easy to understand documentation with a modular farm insurance policy. This means we only send you details relating to your own farm insurance requirements
- You have access to various legal documents that can help you run your farming business, such as risk assessments, will writing guides and letter templates
Relax, our Farm insurance can provide all the cover you need
- Protection against property damage
From our wide range of insurance covers available, you can choose those that apply specifically to your own farm business. Select insurance for farm buildings, produce or farm machinery (at as many locations as you need) to additional insurance cover for items such as loss of milk. Property damage insurance also covers loss of oil, gas or metered water up to £5,000, damage by dumping and fly-tipping up to £2,500, with cover also available for fences, gates and hedges and damage by emergency services.
- Business Interruption insurance
Following a claim under your Farm insurance policy, we can provide cover for the loss of income, or the additional costs incurred, during the time it takes to get everything back up and running again.
- Public Liability cover for your farm
We automatically provide £10 million public liability insurance cover for all new policies incepted and all existing policies renewed from 1 April 2018 to protect you if your farm business is found to be at fault for injury suffered to a member of the public or damage to their property. In addition this also covers your legal defence costs up to £500,000 and corporate manslaughter defence costs up to £1,000,000.
- Environmental Damage insurance is provided as standard
Our Farm insurance automatically protects your farm business from any legal liabilities if you are unfortunate enough to experience a pollution incident. This can cover the clean-up of your own land as well as any damage to third party property, protected habitats or species. You will have standard cover of up to £2,000,000 for any claim.
- Employers' Liability cover to protect you
Our Farm insurance can provide £10 million employers' liability cover to protect you should an employee be injured on your farm and it is proven that it was your responsibility. This includes cover for your legal defence costs up to £500,000 and up to £1,000,000 for corporate manslaughter defence costs.
- Legal Expenses cover for when you need help most
Legal Expenses insurance is also included as standard. This brilliant Farm insurance cover means you have legal help on hand in the event of property and contract disputes as well as any legal issues relating to employment or tax. We can also cover your legal defence fees for disputes with HSE, DEFRA or the Environment Agency. Legal fees relating to public rights of way and agricultural tenancy disputes are covered too. What’s more, you also have access to a legal helpline and online legal document library covering issues like Health & Safety policies, guidance on drawing up a will and risk assessment templates.
- Protect your Livestock
If you chose to take it. Cornish Mutual Farm insurance can also protect against loss of your livestock due to fire, lightning or other risks, as well as loss as a result of transit, straying and worrying. Cover can also be provided for certain livestock diseases. With our farm insurance, you can also choose specific animal cover if you prefer, so your most valuable animals are fully protected.
- Accidental Damage? No problem
You also have the option to use our Farm insurance to provide accidental damage cover for robotic milkers, bulk milk tanks, portable electronic equipment, cattle passports, semen flasks & straws and many other items.
Whatever your needs and whatever life throws at you, Cornish Mutual Farm insurance will keep you and your farm fully protected.