Member Services Leader
From £30,000 depending on skills and experience
17/07/2023 09:00:00 AM
We are looking for someone to lead and develop our Member Services team to ensure that we continue to deliver an exceptional experience for our customers, in line with the company’s strategic objectives.
INTERVIEWS TO TAKE PLACE THE WEEKS COMMENCING THE 10th AND 17th JULY
You are welcome to contact us by telephone for an informal chat about the role.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic leader, able to maximise the performance of the team in a supportive and inclusive environment. You will have a natural enthusiasm for your own development and that of your team, maximising their performance and progress.
- Demonstrable leadership qualities with the ability to clearly define expectations for your team and bring out the best in them.
- Proven experience of creating and sustaining a positive and healthy culture within the team and wider organisation.
- Ability to initiate new ideas and support the embedding of change more widely.
- Supportive, kind and fair approach; a role model of behaviours.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness to challenge at all levels and to give clear and meaningful feedback.
- Ability to assimilate, interpret and present information.
- Flexible approach to utilisation of resource.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable coaching and mentoring skills.
- The performance and wellbeing of your team to achieve optimum workflow, through the measurement and maximisation of productivity.
- Ensuring that you and your team are achieving company objectives and maximising sales opportunities for the benefit of our customers.
- Coaching and developing individuals within the team, ensuring professional development plans are in place and carrying out monthly 1:1s.
- Building and developing co-operative and productive operational relationships, both internally and externally.
- Delivering exceptional standards of customer experience, maintaining SLAs and demonstrating commitment to continuously improving these standards.
- Championing and enforcing the agreed behaviours of Cornish Mutual.
- Complying with all regulatory requirements and ensuring our people do the same.
- Developing training plans, events and activities in line with needs of organisation, individuals, regulatory requirements and company objectives.
- Supporting and mentoring colleagues based in our Devon office (some travel).
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Mobile phone and company laptop
- Private medical insurance, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Income protection
- Up to 25% discount on Cornish Mutual insurance products
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
WHY WORK AT CORNISH MUTUAL?
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.
We take our data privacy responsibilities seriously. Full details of how we’ll handle and store your information can be found in our Candidate Privacy Notice or in print on request.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in light of a large response.