Field Insurance Advisor
Cornwall and West Devon
From £22,000 to £37,500 depending on skills and experience
18/10/2023 05:00:00 PM
We are looking for a highly self-motivated person who can look after our farming Members and promote our business.
Cornish Mutual is working hard to protect the farming community, and as such we are looking for someone who is keen to join a purpose-driven organisation and to help build resilience across the agricultural sector.
Are you great with new people and introductions? Do you know how to interact with people from all walks of life? Would you love the challenge of managing and growing a membership base around your home area?
The successful applicant will be a natural account manager, confident negotiator and driven by results.
- An honest and value-driven approach
- Passion for delivering exceptional service to our farming and business Members
- Keenness to develop yourself and our business
- A natural team player who enjoys working collaboratively as part of a highly effective team
- A proactive self-starting approach - you will be motivated to succeed, and keen to deliver
- A confident communicator and decision maker
- Great rapport-building skills
- Highly organised and able to manage a varied workload
- Enjoy rising to the challenge of complex situations on a regular basis
- Good IT skills including the use of CRM & Microsoft Office
- An aptitude and experience of telesales and lead generation
- Insurance experience is advantageous, but not essential
- Experience in the agricultural sector is desirable, as is an appreciation of agricultural/rural issues.
The ideal candidate will be based in Cornwall or West Devon, within 30 minutes’ drive of the following towns:
- St Austell
Please call us on 01872 277151 for an informal discussion regarding any aspect of this role, including location.
It’s you who makes the difference to our Members; we value all our employees and offer a number of benefits including:
- A 35-hour week, supporting a work life balance
- Mobile phone and company laptop
- Private medical insurance, after a qualifying period
- Generous holiday allowance – 24 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days per year with length of service. All employees have the option to ‘buy’ an extra 5 days per year.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Income protection
- Up to 25% discount on Cornish Mutual insurance products
- A paid volunteering day each year to give back to our local communities
- Exclusive discounts on everyday essentials, motoring, travel and experiences through our online benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care contributions
- Social events
WHY WORK AT CORNISH MUTUAL?
Founded by a group of farmers in 1903 to provide cost effective insurance to the community, Cornish Mutual is now one of the leading South West insurance providers. As a mutual, we are a Member-owned business, run for the benefit of our Members (customers) - we don’t have shareholders. Our success is down to our people and our Members – both are at the heart of everything we do.
As an employer we offer an enjoyable, open, honest, supportive and collaborative culture that empowers individuals to develop and go the extra mile to deliver the best outcomes.
Our growth plans are ambitious and we are looking for passionate people that can help us continue building relationships, supporting each other and that of our communities.
We take our data privacy responsibilities seriously. Full details of how we’ll handle and store your information can be found in our Candidate Privacy Notice or in print on request.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in light of a large response.