CMA House, Truro
Starting salary in the region of £28,000 to £34,000
21/02/2022 05:00:00 PM
Cornish Mutual is a well-established organisation whose purpose is to protect the farming community. We want to drive better customer service, experiences and business performance by providing insight through processing of our insurance data and use of API data.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with our significant internal software development and data teams, along with our Finance function, to be instrumental in determining the tools and processes by which we use data to further enhance our capabilities as a technical but ultimately relationship-driven organisation.
You will keep up to date with industry standards and developments, delivering accurate management information and business intelligence information. You will contribute to the data provision for core finance functions, assisting in developing and maintaining robust and validated data sets.
We are keen to hear from candidates who may not feel they currently meet all criteria but wish to discuss future opportunities with us. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
The skill areas you will likely have will include:
- A degree, or equivalent qualification with a mathematical, scientific or engineering bias or significant experience within the field
- You will be confident and proactive, and able to work as part of a team to deliver challenging project objectives
- Experience and/or formal training in statistics
- Ability to abstract data, analyse and produce business insights and technical reports
- Reporting and dashboard creation
- Experience in Data science or Data warehousing
- Knowledge of tools such as Power BI or Python for data analysis, manipulation and modelling
- Automation, machine learning and AI tools
For this role you will be able to demonstrate experience of deploying these skills as part of a team. You will likely have some advanced skills and be able to describe how you acquire new skills through your own enquiry and research.
You will be expected to work flexibly over a 35 hour week within the hours of 8am – 8pm.
This position includes a defined contribution to the pension scheme and access to the company’s private medical insurance scheme (after a qualifying period).
If you’re looking for a new challenge, recognise yourself in the description above and would like to join us, click apply now and complete the application form.
If we can support or assist you in any way to take part in our recruitment processes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.