Specialist Home Insurance


For special homes, you need a special kind of insurance

Homeowners outside their house in CornwallThere are certain specialist risks that, as a general insurer, Cornish Mutual don't insure ourselves.  We recognise that some of our Members still require these covers so we provide specialist home insurance through Midas Insurance Ltd.  We offer home insurance for people living in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset. And of course one of the great things about the rural South West is that so many of our houses are special and unique.

Perhaps you have a thatched cottage or a home that is unusual in some other way. Whatever kind of specialist home insurance you are looking for, we can arrange the type of tailored house insurance that will be just right for you.

Thatched Cottage Insurance - Thatched homes are one of the great features of rural living in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset and Somerset. If you live in a thatched cottage or home, you know that life is not always as idyllic as a picture postcard! For thatched cottage insurance, speak to Cornish Mutual about how we can provide specialist home insurance for you.

A Cornish Mutual Member and one of their local Advisor

Unoccupied property – It can be hard to find empty property insurance. Speak to us and we can help.

Properties at risk of being affected by subsidence – Cornish Mutual can help you find insurance for ‘hard to insure’ properties.

People with previous bankruptcy – Cornish Mutual can help find you the insurance you need.

People with adverse insurance claims experience – If you are having trouble finding insurance due to your past claims experience, Cornish Mutual may be able to help you find a fair deal.

So for specialist home insurance, look no further than Cornish Mutual.

Our specialist home insurance is arranged by Cornish Mutual subsidiary company Cornish Mutual Insurance Services Ltd. (CMIS). The company is an appointed representative of South Essex Insurance Brokers Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Check out our guidance on making sure you have the right level of insurance cover in place